Dear game developers…
Dear game developers,
- ask me once where I want to save. Only ask if more than one location exists.
- Don’t ask me where, when or how I want to save. Just do it. Auto-rotate between a handful of states automatically to be sure.
- Don’t tell me that you are saving or that it was successful – I assume it was, if there’s a potential for failure here, you suck.
- I want to be able to change the difficulty at any time. There’s no standard for “hard”.
- Don’t make me press a button to advance. This is entertainment, not a hamster wheel.
- Don’t display subtitles by default, nobody likes those.
- Always ship with English texts. There might be cases where you can’t fit English voices, but there is no excuse for not including text.
- Don’t tell me about news, DLC or your awesome third-party account system. I don’t care, nobody does.
- I’m sure your cutscenes are awesome. I still want to skip them, sometimes.
- Your cutscenes are so short! I still want to be able to pause them, sometimes.
- Your logo looks pretty nice! I still don’t want to see it every single time I start the game.
Do all of this, not just some. It’s called professionalism.